Your boat is where you explore, enjoy and relax on the beautiful waters of northern Indiana. You wouldn’t leave other big purchases, like your vehicle or your home, uninsured. Don’t leave your boat uninsured, either. Trust the team at La Porte Insurance Agency to provide you with the most comprehensive boat insurance policy.
Why Do You Need Boat Insurance?
If you have a homeowner’s policy, you may already have some coverage for your boat. But boats today can cost anything from the value of a used car to a large house. A standard homeowner’s policy will typically only pay up to $1,000 for any damage to your boat sustained while it is stored at your house. That doesn’t cover damage that occurs on the water or if another uninsured boater is involved. That’s why comprehensive boat insurance is necessary. Boat insurance keeps your finances, assets and peace of mind safe.
Different Boat Insurance Coverage and Policies
Recreational boat insurance is similar to car insurance. You pay a set amount each month or year, depending on your preference, and when accidents or emergencies happen, your insurance will kick in to cover the agreed-upon amount. Just like with your vehicle or home, you can choose the amount and type of coverage you want based on your boating usage and needs. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Liability coverage covers the costs of injuries to others. We recommend that all boaters have some form of liability coverage.
- Physical damage coverage covers the cost of damages associated with your boating, such as accidents with other boats or property.
- Medical payments coverage covers a certain percentage of medical expenses sustained by you and other insured parties, such as your children, while boating.
- Uninsured boater coverage protects you if you’re involved in an accident with an uninsured boater.
- Legal defense coverage provides funds to guide and defend you throughout the legal process should a lawsuit come about.
Insure Your Boat Today
Insurance is an investment in the future of your recreation, relaxation and peace of mind. Insure your boat today. Call La Porte Insurance Agency at (219) 324-2600.